Hired a new mechanic. Haven't gotten much done lately! LOL...................... Received the Best Engine award at the Swantowne Pirates Custom Car/Bike Show in Olympia Wa last summer.
The air ride system is working nicely, rides super smooth with about 80lbs of air in the front bags and about 60lbs in the rear. (scroll about half way down this page for some install pics)
All modifications were done by myself, including engine assembly ,body and paint, chassis,suspension, electrical,and most of the interior work.
Custom air ride/performance suspension set up,Installed some larger sway bars from suspension techniques
Check out the difference in size from the stocker
The rear disc conversion
Adjustable proportioning valve to get the proper brake pressure bias front and rear
Edelbrock tie rod sleeves
I installed a B-body/1LE big brake conversion on the front of my G-body. This requires the use of F-body 1LE rotors with 80's Caprice spindles and calipers. This conversion upgraded the front rotor size from 10.5" to 12" for some much needed stopping power. I purchased all of the components seperatley, and drilled my own rotors, but Robert Adams G-Parts sells the whole kit fully assembled with control arms on his web site www.gparts.freeyellow.com.
Tubular upper control arms
umi performance tubular trailing arms
air ride system install (part#arf5000lca(front) arr21100(rear) arc1001(controls and compressor).
I built a small center console to hide the tubes and mount the air ride controls
I relocated my battery into the trunk, so that the engine compartment would look a little cleaner. I picked up an optima battery with a billet mount
I installed an auto meter double gauge pod on the A pillar,with an auto meter boost gauge, trans temp. gauge, and I made a small radio console to fit under the dash.
I did some extra polishing and installed some mesh in the scoop.
Here are some pics of the interior under construction. I painted all of the dk. blue plastic parts with SEM black vinyl paint
I ordered a new black carpet kit, door panels ,and new seat upohlstry from www.claysclassiccars.com. Black with silver vinyl inserts. I picked up some monte carlo bucket seats at a swap meet.(no more split bench)
The weiand 142 procharger and edelbrock performer rpm heads with summit 1.5 full roller rockers and a 700cfm double pumper should have the sbc making about 500hp. I had www.performancecoatings.com chromex my headers.
This is my customized 87 cutlass at a local car show.
The body mods include shaved handles with spal remote entry, shaved header panel emblem, and trunk lock ,aslo i removed all emblems and most of the chrome trim for that smooth clean look
The rims are billet specialties vintec 17x7 front with kumho 21545zr17's and 17x8 rear with kumho 24545zr17's
my cutlass (before the blower) had a a fully detailed 355ci small block chevy engine with 305 heads, roller tip rockers , crane cam ,wieand intake, 600cfm holley carb, and flowtech headers. The tranny is a gm th350 with a b&m shift improver. g- force crossmember. Still running stock rear end for now.
The interior includes b&m star shifter,3 3/8" autometer speedo,3 3/8" autometer tach, and 2 1/16" autometer fuel level gauge in a custom aluminum cluster , the little black one between the heater vents is a blower boost gauge, and the old radio area holds 2 1/16" volt meter, oil pressure, and water temp. gauges. I painted all the woodgrain parts silver and added a grant wheel painted with the body color
Page 1 Updates/suspension/interior (cutlass) Page 2 Body and paint (cutlass) Page 3 Engine swap (cutlass) Page 4 Customer Cars, Trucks and Bikes