Time for the re-assembly of the motor. Here the heads are installed and we are just setting up the valve train for now.
No pics of just the intake installed but here is a pic of the motor a little more complete headers and valve covers just put in place for the pic. Also the balancer was just put on to set up the valves before it was cleaned up and painted.
Here is a couple pics of the motor completed and ready to be reinstalled in the truck. Notice the water pump and balancer painted to match the block.
Time to drop the motor back where it belongs.
Motor is bolted in now time to start cleaning up some of that wiring to relocate some of the sensors to the firewall out of site. Kinda messy looking now.
Here it is cleaned up a little with the sensors that used to go over the valve cover moved.
The old rad shroud was just a cut up part of the stock piece put in place to hold the rad I decided it was time to build my own out of a piece of flat aluminum. I drilled holes in the top at each end to use the stock rubber "feet" from the original shroud. Looks alot better than that crooked cut plastic piece of crap.
I also built a little torque strap just because the parts to make it were readily available. Probably doesn't need it but it cost next to nothing to make.
Finally a pic of the completed install. I removed the stock rad overflow tank so I could mount my 6AL in that spot and used a 1 liter dr pepper bottle for an overflow that I hid under the battery tray. It certainly doesn't have that stock look anymore but I am more than satisfied with how it looks now.
With all the new parts and the new chip that came with the heads the motor runs perfect and has not thrown a code for 3 years. with the old install the ses light would come on daily.
With the new mods came a desire to know what my engine is running like so I added a new a-pillar guage pod and guages.