I purchased the car in Sept. of 2001, and since then I have...
-Excel Shu-4 17x7in. Rims 205/40-17 tires
... Show more-Custom Hand made Side skirts (2001 BMW 318 series style--NOT M3)
-Neuspeed Short Shifter
-Euro Clear Corners
-99 BMW Side marker lights
-front Mesh for stock bumper (hand made)
-Landspeed Racing Coilovers
-ingall front/rear camber kit
-AEM Cold air intake
-Shaved trunk lid
-All red taillights
-Showoff 3 front bumper
-Xenon urethane rear bumper with
License plate frenched in
-Shaved door moldings
-Greddy SP catback
-Ferrari style gated shifter
-Electron blue paint
-custom made headlight covers(took them off, too ricey!)
-Homemade turbo kit
-custom homemade center console
-1 piece halo headlights
-14b turbo & �berdata standalone
-Yokohama Parada Spec-2 tires 205/40-17
I made this one piece console out of wood, then covered it with vinyl. I started out with three pieces of wood on each side and screwed them together ao that I could grind the curve in them. I glued all the wood togther using car bondo because it dries about 10x faster than wood glue. I also used the bondo to smooth my curves out a bit. Then for the top of it I used 1/4 plywood and put slits on the back of it using a table saw so it would bend a bit easier without cracking.
This is my first gated shifter for 92-95 civics that I made, due to the fact that I got sick of breaking those crappy OBX short shifters (3 of them. I made the shifter out of a stock one, welded in skinner metal, and had the plate made at a local machine shop, then I made the vinyl plate out of wood, then covered it.
Last summer I made my own side skirts out of fiberglass. I formed them to look like the 2001 BMW 318 series style. Everything you see and will see in the near future on this car I have done my self, I just don't have the money to pay someone else to do it, and I enjoy working on it. I'll have more pics up as soon as I can.
Before I got my Xenon bumper I had to suffer with my stock one. You can also see the All red taillights in this pic.
I had to make a fiberglass box to fit ont he back on the vents so water wouldn't get into my side panels and rust them out. I made the box by making it out of chicken wire first, then covering that with tape, waxing it, then fiberglassing over that. Turned ou pretty good. A LOT of hours though!!
Finally after 50 hrs of shaving my door moldings and putting the vents in, it's ready for paint.
Right after I lowered it. I actually had to raise it up a bit because I was rubbing every sharp turn I made. I ended up rolling my fenders which helped quite a bit.
Page 2-pic of car stock
Page 3- turbo project done! Show Less