Installing the new UPR K-member with Viking/Strange coil overs on the RS. Pretty much has gone without a hitch so far.
Just spent the last month and a half doing through floor sub-frame connectors and sound proofing the floor and tunnel of the car.
The sub-frames were quite ... Show morethe task and took a lot longer to do then I thought it would. I used a 2"x3" .0125 steel tube to make the connectors, one for each side of the car. I cut into the sub-frame channels and clearanced both sides for the bar
I located and cut into the rear frame rail just to discover that they were about 2" off of the front on both sides. This means I needed to custom fabricate a bar for each side. :(
I basically did a Z-bend in both bars to make it line up front to back.
I tack welded each section to test the fit until I knew it was right.
After I got both sides to fit I finished welding them and cut the rest of the floor so I could install them in the car.
I welded both top and bottom and made some re-enforcement brackets for the drivers side seat.
After I welded them in I painted the inside and out with a decent quality rust resistant primer.
I then proceeded to cover the floor with a good quality Butyl rubber sound deadener.
I did double layers in the trouble spots around the trans tunnel.
I also did the door panels.
Thanx for taking the time to read my post, BTW I also installed an aluminum flywheel and CenterForce DF clutch. All the new changes made a huge difference in the cars ride quality and performance!
Just installed a new all aluminum radiator in the Capri. It looks really nice and runs a lot cooler then the old radiator. Now I just need to find out where ... Show morea quart of water goes every time I drive the car. I was hoping the new radiator would fix this problem but it didn't.
I put Rockford Fosgate 3 1/2's in the dash. I made custom 5 1/4 enclosures for in front of the driver and passenger seats. I put Infinity speakers in those. ... Show moreI put a set of Hertz ECX-690 6X9's in the cargo area and a custom sub enclosure for the 12" JL sub in the back hatch area. The sub is hidden. To power the whole system I used an 1800 watt 5 channel Earthquake amp. The stereo sounds pretty damn good! Thank you for taking the time to check out my car and it's specs! On the next page you will find information on my latest rebuild with pictures of my newly cleaned up engine bay and motor. If you have any questions I will do my best to get back to you in a timely manner. I will be checking in on this page about once a week. Please sign my guest book or leave a comment if you have time!