Water to Air Intercooler Install with new S/C pulley
I got this water to air intercooler used from a guy in the US. It was on a track car and only saw about... Show more 30 runs total and is pretty much brand new. Here are some pics of the install itself.
Intense intercooler core...
5 Gal/min Flowjet water pump...
Two front mount coolers...
ZZP Quick change hub and 3.0" pulley...
Cleaning out the upper intake manifold after removing the supercharger
The intercooler core sitting on the upper intake manifold
Front mount coolers. We tapped the lower sub-frame and mounted them down low to the front of the car where they will get a nice supply of air.
The Flojet pump was a little bit harder to get in. There was not much room in the engine bay for it. I found a spot on the passangers side strut tower and got it mounted.
Once all the major components were installed it was time to run the cooler lines. It was a tight fit and we did have to cut out some of the sheet medal behind the passangers head light but we made it work. I don't have pics of the finnsihed lines but I will get some more up soon. It also comes with a nice fill tube that actually work out perfect with my stock coolant resevior.
With this kit there is suppose to be some spacers to space the altinator up so that it will clear the stock fuel rail. We didn't have them so we had to make it work. We ended up bending the fuel rail just enough to allow the altinator to clear.
The kit also came with spacers for the injectors allowing me to reuse the stock fuel rail. Here is a pic with the spacers in place and ready to bolt the supercharger back on.
Here's some pic of everything buttoned back together and ready to go.
The new pulley system is from ZZP and is a quick change system. It comes with a press on hub and then the pulley attaches to that with 5 allen keys so that I can swap between pullies in a matter of minutes. We had a tough time getting the old pulley off and actually ended up melting a seal in the snout of the supercharger in the process. We got in on and the seal replace though so everything worked out. We even ended up making a backing plate so that we can pull the hub off in the future.
Once all of this was done it was time to see if the hood would clear...nope it won't. I was given an extra hood for the car so instead of dealing with the good hood that was on my car I took it off and put the spare on. Then a friend and I had some fun with the die grinder.
At first I didn't like this new look but over the past few weeks it really has grown on me. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with it but it will do for now. Show Less