This is a current pic of my AE86 Hatchback. I've had it for over 4 years now, and it's been a lot of work but great to drive. I'm glad I built ... Show moreit up the way I wanted. Some people consider it "showy", but it's meant to be driven!!
Pic of car when originally purchased, pretty much stock except for lowering springs. The plan was to make this car a quick RWD weekend track / auto-xer, but keep it streetable. The paint was OK, but there was a little rust, so I'm redoing the exterior too.
This is the stock blue top 4AG. It ran OK and pulled, but it was burning oil. I considered a swap, but decided to rebuild the engine and keep it NA.
The engine is out and being rebuilt with mild overbore, new pistons / rings, seals and bearings, and the head was rebuilt too. Everything was freshened up with new parts (plugs, wires, dizzy, oil and water pumps, etc..)
While the engine work was being done, the engine bay was painted an off white color - to eventually match the body.
The engine is now redone! Also added were ARP studs, rod bolts, RPS clutch, lightened flywheel, Greddy intake, HKS headgasket and more. The engine pulls very strong and roars over 5K. Show Less
The supension was actually done before the cage, but here are the details anyways. I already had a TRD front sway bar, so the lowering springs were sold to ... Show morea friend, and up front are T3 coilovers, with 7kgmm Ground Control springs, and KYB AGX shocks. Also up front are T3 camber plates, T3 Negative RCA's and T3 upper hat bearing kit. A Greddy strut tower bar completes the supension up front.
I also ordered up some T3 camber plates. These replaced the worn out OEM strut mounts. These allow for adjustable camber settings.
In the rear are TRD race springs at 5.5 KGMM and KYB AGX shocks. All wheel bearings were replaced. Also added at the same time was a replacement zenki axle (previous one was bent) and a Whiteline adjustable panhard rod.
The rear diff was upgraded to a Kaaz 2 way LSD, and the diff was rebuilt with new bearings and seals. The clutch was also upgraded to an RPS unit.
Braking was upgraded with a T3 / Precision front brake upgrade with Wilwood calipers, bigger rotors, custom brackets stainless lines and J pads. *picture from T3's shop car.
Rear brakes have stainless lines, and Hawk HPS pads with Brembo blanks. I have a set of Acre Dori rear pads that I will try out at some point. Show Less