We have installed the rear end, and
taken the car off of the rotator. The car was masked off, and primer was applied
to the entire body.
You can see the... Show more tracer coat that was
applied on top of the primer. We wet sanded the entire car, going from 320
grit to 500 grit, removing all imperfections in the body.
Then, it's off to the paint booth...
for a few coats of base color.
But first we coated all the panels
with sealer... we then, wet sanded the sealer with 1500 grit paper, to give
us a smooth surface to spray color on.
The base color was added.
Three coats of DuPont High Production
clear coat were applied.
The car was loaded up and taken to
our home shop, for wet sanding...
We sanded the car and all other panels
with 1000 grit paper, preparing them for the stripes...
We painted the gold stripes on, and
then added the black pinstripes, here John is spraying the pinstripes...
Now it's time for three more coats
of High Production clear, with enhancing additive...
We let the paint cure for a few days,
and wet sanded with 1000 grit and 1500 grit paper... to remove all orange
peal, than went through the buffing project...
We loaded it up, and took it back
home, and have since polished and straightened all the stainless... we are
now working on the interior, we have replaced the headliner, and installed
Here are some photos, I took yesterday... Here you can see the backseat, new package tray... I tried to get shots of headliner, but they didn't come out.
Here's a photo, you can see that we have all the stainless on, next week we adjust the front fenders, and hood, and install grilles and headlight bezels.
We have aligned fenders and installed the hood, with new Fender eyebrow chrome, and new chrome molding on hood opening.
Ok, here's the latest update...
I have installed the new carpet, bolted down the seats, installed the inner seat belts.
I have replaced the rear wheel cylinders, linings, hardware kits, all brake lines through out the car, front calipers, brake booster, and will be installing a new master cylinder.
I have installed the A/C evaporator, here are some photos of the latest progress...
Here is a photo of both my Hursts. I hope to someday have the 68 looking as good as the 69.
Today, we got the decals on the scoop, painted the inside of the inlets, installed the dome light, shoulder harnesses, visors, rear view mirror. I cleaned up the front wheel wells, and repainted them.
Last week we got the trunk all ready for spatter paint, and painted.
This weekend we repainted the door jambs, the stripes were wrong on the jambs, so I repainted both jambs.
I installed the new master cylinder, and bled the brake system, it was quite a chore getting all the air out of the rear brake lines, but it now has brakes for the first time in almost 6
OK, a lot has happened, we have installed the motor from my 78 Cutlass race car, I've rebuilt the original transmission. Installed a 2.5 inch mandrell bent exhaust, with Walker Ultra Flow, stainless mufflers.
The race car ran 11.6s in the quarter, so it is pretty rowdy for the street, but so far so good. The solid lifter cam is a little annoying, but the pipes sound sweet.
She is going to a car show tomorrow for her official unveiling.
Here are some photos, Enjoy!!!
Thanks for Looking!
Please check back for updates!!! Show Less