Heres a Possum my dog brought home to break up the monotony... It's a good 4 pounds of stink.
The chunk is finally in. It'a a Traction Lock with 3.8... Show more9 gears.
NOS axle bearings. A friend had them and gave them to me. Had to have been made in the late 50's or early 60's, it still says "Edsel" on the box.
Had to pull the intake to connect the harness to the knock sensors. I'm using a "Detail Zone" harness with a stock reflashed computer. It has to be reflashed to disable the "PATS" system.
Here is what it looks like under the upper intake cover.
A view of the intake port. I really should pull the heads and clean them up...
Its all the way in, and permanently mounted. It took alot longer to get here then I thought it would!
Here is the biggest problem with this setup, no room for the stock steering gearbox! It mounts to those holes behing the exhaust manifold there. Nothing a rack and pinion setup wont fix though. It seems the only one that is going to work is the "TCP" manual version though. The power might fit, but I'm not taking any chances...
Another view, from the top looking down.
Quick shot of the remote oil filter setup. You have to run this as there is no room between the frame rail and the engine to run a filter in the stock position. Show Less
Here is the engine in with the front metal work done, and fenders temp installed
The trans lined up pretty well, had to make my own mount, and make a new to... Show morep for the tunnel. I'm glad it's going to be covered by carpet.
Right side quarter cut out, and ready for the new skin to go on. The drivers side was done too, I just didnt take any pictures of that one...
Here it is tacked in.
The quarter is on, but the scoops on the repro quarters are not right. I had to cut the old ones out, and splice them into the new quarters.
The drivers side was the same way...
Here is the passenger side scoop welded in.
And the drivers side. I did this side first and didnt notice the scoop was wrong till I had mangled the original one. It was harder to get back in correctly.
Next up was removing all of the original paint. The roof is already done. It took a TON of work because it was creased up pretty bad. Once again, no pictures of that either...
Then into primer...
Original Disc brake setup off of a friends parts car. I will only be using the spindle and the caliper mount, everything else will be new.
Getting the cowl ready for paint.
Here it is primed.
Test fitting the new gauges into the old bezel before I attempt to hack up a new one.
Engine compartment finally painted!
Overall view now
Parts bolted on, getting ready for engine install. Show Less