I've had the car one year. No repairs needed! There was one crazy person who decided they didn't like BMW and put a little scratch on the trunk, possibly u... Show moresing a key.
I did change the oil at 1,426 miles (approx. 2000 km). I did this because some people think a new car should have an oil change after about 1,000 miles in case there are metal shavings in the engine.
1. open the hood (you do not want to drain the oil and then find the hood is stuck). Loosen the oil cap so air can go in while the oil drains.
2. Place car on lift (alternate: use jack stands, never a jack alone)
3. Open rectangular door on the bottom of the car. TOOL: screwdriver. Remove the oil drain plug. It is plastic in a 320i and 328i that is not x-drive. TOOL: 10 mm hex socket wrench or hex key, gloves (4 pairs)
4. Drain oil. Consider wrapping the bottom rectangular door with a small plastic bag. TOOL: small plastic bag, tape.
5. Install new drain plug. Coat the gasket with a little oil. TOOL: new drain plug. Tighten to 8 nm, which is not tight at all. Lower car from lift.
6. Remove oil filter cap using oil filter cap tool, which is also the same one used by Volvos. TOOL: oil filter cap tool (86 mm with 16 flats), socket wrench or whatever fits on this oil filter cap tool.
7. Remove old oil filter, put in new one. Consider replacing the two oil filter cap gaskets. Mann filters come with these gaskets. TOOL: Mann filter HU816x.8. Add 5 quarts of oil, such as Mobil 1 0W-40 European Formula. Check for leaks. TOOL: motor oil. Show Less
I made a deadpedal mat by cutting off part of a Mopar (Chrysler) floor mat. I use the dark carpet floor mat in the summer. This dark mat (left) came as ... Show morestandard equipment with the car. Compare the two photos of floor mats that I use. Saab rubber floor mats in parchment (lighter color) are fitted in the winter. The Saab part number is 12788415. These mats are good for wet, winter weather. The light colored mats brighten the interior, make it easier to find objects that are dropped, and are nice looking. However, ordinary dirt from shoes show up. Therefore, some people may prefer a darker tan or the black Saab branded mats that are available. Show Less
You probably can't tell the difference, but this is a non-US spec driver's side mirror that has an aspheric lateral aspect that significantly reduces... Show more the blind spot. My whimsical trunk mat. It only cost $10. The mat was placed to increase visability of a dark trunk and to keep it clean. It's made for home use but fits the car almost perfectly. Not shown is a gas flap door lock that I installed. It used to be standard in the 2003 model year but was deleted in future years in US and Canadian versions. The lock is standard in Saabs built for most countries. I removed a piece of trunk insulation to access the lock mechanism. Because of the way the car is programmed (Tech II), I have to manually open the lever through the trunk to lock or unlock the fuel door. Show Less