This is my 1990 Camaro IROC Turbo. I've been building the car over the last few years and like many projects such as this, it is an on-going process.
Th... Show moree car was brought over from the USA and converted to right hand drive by a previous owner. When I purchased the car it was stock as a rock, apart from an electric sunroof that had recently been installed.
For a while I left it as-is, only adding a small 100hp NX nitrous kit to wake up the 5.7 TPI motor a bit.
Since removing the N2O kit the car has received the following mods;
- Garrett GT40 BB Turbocharger
- Hybrid 630x300x75 front mount intercooler
- 30 pound Bosch injectors
- Malpassi Adjustable EFI Rising Rate FPR
- Bosch 044 booster pump
- 2ltr surge tank
- 4 inch dump pipe through to a 3 inch 'short' exhaust
- MSD 6A ignition unit and a Blaster SS coil
- Stage 3 TH400
- TransGo Manual valve body
- Hurst conversion bracketing
- Transmission oi cooler with 5 inch thermo fan
- Custom built 2800 stall
- Custom 3 inch tailshaft
- Subframe connectors (weld in)
- Kmas lowered springs
- Boxed rear LCAs and parhad rod
- 'Superior' forged axles
- B&M brake isolator
- Polyurathan bushes throughout
- Centreline Convo-Pros 15x8 front and 15x9.5 rear
- extensivly stripped
- R1 racing seat & OMP 4pt Harness
- Mounted Dry Chem Fire Extinguisher
- ALDL PC Uplink Port
- Speco gauge cluster
- Momo wheel with billet quick-release boss kit
- Resprayed Maranello red
- Harwood fiberglass 4 inch outlaw hood
- Custom 'IROC-T' badges
- Electric sunroof
- 'Euro' clear side markers and drive-lights
Phew... thats about it for now. Plenty of little mods here and there that arn't worth mentioning I guess.
Unfortunatly I only have an older pic of the engine bay here on this computer, so I'll put it up for now. I have to say though, it looks a fair bit nicer now :P
No performance figures as yet. I'm stuck over 300kms away from the nearest dyno and drag strip. Show Less
This is my daily driver and tow car for when I need to trailor the Camaro for some reason.
It's an Australia delievered right hand drive Fisher bodied ca... Show morer. I bought it sight-unseen, not even knowing it was a pillarless car.
It looked very rough when I finally got it, so it got an emergency coat of satin black after a quick weekends worth of sanding. I was very fortunate to not only get a pillarless car but one that was completely and totally rust free.
Brand new GM 350 crate motor and a recently fitted a TH350 with a stage 2 shift kit. A bit savage for a big boat like this but it nice to know the box is firm. Apart from that I've just replaced a heap of old bushes and been cleaning up and replacing all the 'old car' stuff. Show Less