LTD LX Projects:
Well, there's no shortage of projects on this car! I'd like to convert to EFI, the CFI's gotta go - so do the stock heads. Wha... Show moret my overall plan is remains to be seen as of yet. All I can say for sure is: sleeper!
Bye Bye CFI:
Update 10/1/06: It now runs & idles! Got rid of some temporary wiring, a bit more rewiring to do, set the timing, driveshaft needs to be put back in, getting close.
Update 9/28/06: Working on new fuel lines to go from the stock lines to the fuel rail.
Update 9/18/06: IT RUNS! Yep, after an extremely long hiatus I finally set all other projects aside and am back to work on the LTD. Fired it up with temporary wiring and lines, it runs for a few and then sputters out & dies. I think it's a combination of antique gas and way off timing. I pulled the codes from the check engine light I hooked up and just some stupid emissions codes, nothing else! More updates as I get it closer to roadworthy...
With the CFI:
A taste of things to come:
Update 6/1/05: Finally have resumed work on the LTD! Towed it from the storage unit to the garage and have redone all connections in the engine comp't. w/ solder so they're not going anywhere. Got the new headers on, now to figure out some more wiring.
Update 3/22/05: Haven't gotten much done lately! Been busy workin on the stang - and only have one garage space. Hauled it back to MO from OK. Should resume work on it again before too long I hope.
Update 12/22/04: A9P is in, main and injector harnesses in, o2 harness in, splicing in the engine comp't is all done, now for the interior splices. Autometer water temp gauge all hooked up and mounted in the radio delete plate. Ported lower and put it in, along w/ injectors, fuel rail, and coolant rail. Still need to do: fuel line connections to fuel rail, coolant hose, dual exhaust hanger, passenger header, off road H, o2 wiring routing.
E7TE head swap:
This is a future project, I'd like to swap the old Mustang heads onto the LTD for a little free extra power. This is in line after CFI to EFI is all worked out.
8.8 rear end:
The 8.8 w/ 3.73s during painting:
Tubular subframes welded on and the unpainted 8.8 in the bg:
Another thanks to Kris at K&M for fabricating and welding these on to stiffen up the LTD! (he also did the Mustang) The open ends now have rubber plugs to keep out water etc.
Resto & interior:
So far I've stripped and repainted the mirrors and cowl vent gloss black, added my antenna delete (see pg.3), and just done lots of cleaning (it needed it!).
Update 9/24/06: Ordered some black canvas micarta to redo my previous ashtray and radio delete plate slash gauge panel for a more attractive look than black painted plexiglass.
Update 10/19/04: Junkyard dash installed! Found a perfect light blue one in the junkyard, cleaned it up and painted it black. Way better than the old cracked and crappy one.
Update 10/06/04: OD lockout switch and cig lighter outlet mounted in ashtray delete.
Update 9/25/04: Radio and ashtray in center console deleted. Replaced w/ plexiglass (painted black) for future housing of gauges and switches.
Update 9/21/04: Well, it turns out a Mustang center console won't fit - tore the whole thing apart to find that out. Most of the dash is all one piece.
More updates coming as things progress.
[1-ltd lx mods] [2-ltd pics] [3-ltd projects] [4-ltd misc] Show Less