Welcome! This is my mostly stock, clean 240sx.
My last update was a couple years ago, so I'm updating again just to get info on here, i know i need to a... Show moredd pictures and will change the layout....anyway...
Well....I guess I would say I'm into the Japanese sporty cars, then European, then American. I like performance and plan to do a lot more work to my car, when I have the funds (school loans, house bills, etc....). I like a clean car. You could have a 400hp sports car with a junky body kit and a primered paint job that hasn';t been touched for a year and that's just crap. Fast crap. But, that's just me. I just want to see a clean job with everything put back together. Prior to this, I've owned 3 Honda Accords which I did no modifications to.
I didn't hear about the 240sx until I asked my friend with help for a car. I wanted a car that I could mod and could make fast. He told me about the 240sx and how I could put the Skyline motor in it. Looked at some pictures and just fell in love with it. A nice, sexy coupe and something not too expensive. If I knew more at the time, I'd definitely consider a Supra, but I'd be paying so much more...
I bought it off ebay in September '03. Yes, ebay. $4200 shipped from a dealership in PA. I don't think that's too bad of a deal for a great condition vehicle. After I got it, I realized some of the audio didn't work, which I was upset about, but I was planning on upgrading anyway.
I ran new speaker wire to each location. The doors were a pain in the butt, but it pays off. I have Infinity Kappa components in the front and I think Pioneer 3-ways in the rear. I did all this in the summer of 05, so hopefully my memory is serving me well. Everything is a clean install, so no hacking things. I put the tweeters in the stock tweeter position (I have pics, I'll try to post later). The only thing I had to cut on that were a few plastic pieces. I have an Alpine CDA-9813 (I think). I made a custom sub box with 2 old 12" Rockfords. I got them from a buddy at work, fixed the holes, and they've been bumping ever since summer of 2004. I have a 4 channel PPI I think PCX4200 for the speakers and a 1000W Sony Explode amp for the subs. I'm happy with it, except for all the rattling....
Not much here. I have an eBay air intake. Some people say there's a gain of 20, some say 2, I dunno. At least it sounds nice !
- changed the clutch on my own I think in 2004. that was a fun project. I've never done that and was a learning experience!
- KYB AGX struts with Tein HE (?? the gold springs) replaced all the stock junk. It supposedly lowered it an inch, I don't know, but it still looks good.
- change exhaust system from manifold back WHEN the exhaust goes. I don't drive it in Winter, so it might last a while :-/
- Silvia S15 front end or the 97-98 240sx front end. Don't know which one. I'd really like to see the Silvia front end IN PERSON, but I haven't seen a lot of 240s around here...
- 5 lug / 300zx brakes. I want to change out the 4 lug to 5 lug and upgrade the brakes.
- RB25DET. I want power and I think this can provide it ! Most swaps seem to be the SR20DET, but I want to be slightly different.
- Rims. I have no idea what I would want to change for rims. I would like to take out some dings (i only have about 2) and get a paint job. I don't know if I want to keep it stock colors or something that varies SLIGHTLY.
- Spoiler. still contemplating that. if I had a spoiler, right now I'd want it to be stock I think.
...more to come .... someday.. .. .. Show Less