Engine Swap Progress
My engine bay with the wiring setup and ready to go when the engine is put in (going to be bolted up today). But don't stare... Show more too long! She's naked! Poor girl...
My Milzy Motorsports custom Flowmaster Outlaw race muffler side exit exhaust setup. Along with a 1994 Seville STS intake plenum and throttle body. As well as some of the wiring that will be needing to go back into the car.
My 20" Akuza Padrone chrome rims with Goodyear Eagle tires 255/35/20 (The car will drop 1" in the back once the engine is in and the front tires/suspension is back on. It just looks like a big gap because it is siting on jacks in the front).
Great shot of the rebuilt heads (port and polished heads, 3 angle valve/seat grind, 272 reground cams, new HP springs, retainers, seals, intake cam sprockets redrilled, high strength 13:1 compression pistons, and a bore increase of .30), and pulley system re-assembled. The engine was pressured washed. This shot also gives a decent view of the modified engine cradle.
Rear shot of the engine showing the misc componets of the engine (4T80-E transmission, coil packs, modified throttle body etc.). The Northstar was bored .30 over and its now my little 5.0... The throttle body needs to have a custom 1" spacer made to allow the EGR to run into the intake. That gets started next week.
Good shot of the modified front cradle. Shows how the oil filter and transmission now drop below the cradle rather then rest on it. Inside the front of the cradle is hollwed out to allow the AC condensor lines to run through.
Shot of the modified throttle body (Needed the Idle Air motor actuator and mounting bracket off of the 1994 Seville STS, found it on ebay, the item was discontinued and all these parts came as a package. So this is the 1995 throttle body, on a 1996 engine, with a 1994 mounting bracket and motor.
Shot of the right side of the engine, well left side, but it will be on your right when looking into the engine bay.
The mess of wiring that has already been gone through from the old Monte's harness to be mated up to Caddy's OBD I harness. I decided to get away from the 1996 Caddy's OBD II so I went with a 1995 Caddilac Seville STS ECM, and wiring harness. Looks messy, but it's all labeled.
Shot of the fuel lines. The ones on the caddy are made from stainless steal and can't be heat bent like we thought we could do. Because the fuel lines come straight out from the 3.4 and the ones from the 5.0 kinda angle back towards the master cylinder. And the ones from the 3.4 are made out of flex hose compared to the pre-bent stainless steel ones that came with the Caddy... So we're going to get another flex hose and run it from the stock Monte's lines - that's as much as I know right now. We're calling around to see what we can do.
Left side of the engine bay showing the power steering pump, which still needs a return line put on, but the pressure line from the old engine meets up with this one perfectly.
Right side of the engine bay showing the fuel lines, gear cable, master cylinder and brake booster from the old Monte - I have a complete Brake booster assembly w/ master cylinder coming from a 1996 STS...
And finally, a straight on shot of the beauty. It looks so perfect sitting in there, I love it. And the sick thing is, this entire engine weights like 12 pounds less then the cast iron block w/ tranny from the old 3.4 DOHC V6. The tranny from the Caddy weights more then the entire engine does with all the components on!
A shot of the ECM finally all wired up, and the circuit board. We are mounting these 2 in the trunk, right next to my amplifier. That way they stay away from getting wet and heat, and there is much more room in the trunk to work on these with incase anything does go wrong with them.
A shot of the interior again, this time the passenger side is torn up and the glove box is taken out. This is where we will be running the wiring for the ECM to the engine, along the passenger side door, along the door sill into the trunk.
And finally, a straight-on shot of the engine. Don't mind the packets of wiring, they are all connected to where they need to be, they just need to get shrink wrapped and have wire loom put on them. But as of now they are just labeled in bags as to where they go.
PAGE 1: Vehicle Specs/Description
PAGE 2: Engine Swap Progress
PAGE 3: Finished Product (Coming Soon) Show Less