Putting in the sound/heat shield.
The following pictures are of the quarters cut out, welded in, and then the filler added. Both sides were done. The passenger side wheel well was salvagable,... Show more but the drivers side was too rusted and had to be replaced. The quarters I bought from Goodmark Industries and the wheel housing I bought from Carsinc. The filler is Evercoat Rage Xtreme. Here is a shot of my wife helping me out by wire brushing the wheel wells. Thanks to my wife and son Andrew for their support and help on this restoration. Andrew also helped me with the engine rebuild in 1996, back then he was only 8 years old wanting to learn and getting dirty. Now he is 21 and in the Air Force as Crew Chief for an F-22 fighter jet. Way to go Andrew! Show Less
This is after painting the alternator and drive shaft with Detail Gray Here is the right floor pan before cutting it out. It wasn't as bad as the left s... Show moreide but still needed to be replaced. It is hard to see because all the dust leftover from sanding the door areas. The floor pan welded in. A shot of the pan with sealer applied and then primer. The camera really picks up the dust. A patch had to be welded in front of the floor pan also. You can see the long strip welded in. Here is some more paint removal and sanding. I used a razor blade like this one to take off the top blue paint. It came off pretty good with the blade. I used a wider one for the body. You can see how the top coat just lifts up with the razor blade. Once I got that off I used a DA sander to get it down to metal. Show Less