Started putting on 3kgt parts
Its amaizing the places dirt can get.
Here is after removing the side skirts and cleaning the dirt off.
How t... Show moreo convert the rear
First thing was to remove the rear old parts and clean 10 lbs of dirt from the car.
Looking at the rear of the car I had to remove the spot welds from the 3 factory pieces that support the bumper and tail lights. I went to harbor freight and bought a 3/8 spot weld removal bit, man that saved alot of time. I also picked up some new drill bits. I have to mention an air compressor and gas mig welder help out alot, if you dont have one its a good time to make friends with someone who does. As you can see from the pic's the 3kgt taillights do not line up at all with the welded pieces in place so off they came.
Here is the piece that was removed in order to lower it about an inch and a half to two inches. Its easier to bolt it to the car the tack weld it in place.
There is some body sealer that has to be cut with a knife (2 spots)
Here is the tool 3/8 spot weld bit
Metal all lined up, I even put the plastic things that tie the three pieces together (used to hold it together while they welded it in place I believe) back on. Started fitting on the panels.
Got a hood from a buddy. That was pretty easy to install. I have to do the front end next so i'll fit the hood better when all that is installed.
Thats it until I do the front.
Started on the bodywork so I can mount the spoiler. I had to fill the holes from the rear wiper, spoiler and antenna. Cut out small steel plugs and welded them in. Ground them down but, Still need to smooth them out with a thin layer of filler later.
Just picked up my new front end and new spoiler is on the way, need to sand and paint them.
Installed 13g turbos, and all the parts that were waiting to go in. Also installed hks evc 5 electronic boost controller. Installed the new upgraded intercoolers.
My laptop and MAP ECU came in and are installed. 450cc injectors are also in.
Bought a bunch of stuff for the car. I had to rebuild my turbos anyway so I found a larger set (13g turbo's) that needed a rebuild. I rebuilt them and they are ready to go in. I also bought 2 eclipse intercoolers that need to be welded up to fit the stealth, a high flow 3" Cat, walbro 255 fuel pump, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, 450cc injectors, wideband o2 sensor with display (ngk afx), MAP ECU, and a laptop to tune it all. Just need to put it all in.
Still need to cut off the tubes and weld on the ones from the stealth.
Lost another 26 lbs with the replacement of the seats (swaped out the power leather driver seat for a manual one). I ended up swaping the front and rear seats along with the door panels so it all matched. Little bit of blue color in center of seats and door panels.
Painted brake calipers and installed stealth stickers
Removed front exhaust heat shields
Removed underhood insulation
Added a BOV due to the stock one blowing off at 9psi.
Painted to match body color and i removed the headlight incerts
Decided to reinstall incerts Show Less