More Vids! This time on R-comps. Knocked 2 seconds off my time and I'm becoming the car to beat. Enjoy! (More vids below)
Here are some comparison shots ... Show moreof the car going around the autocross course, before and after the modifications. Left side is with only the Police rear swaybar and 17" wheels/tires. Right side is with all modifications (except new rear springs) On the more current pics, the car was not aligned properly and caused very poor hanlding characteristics. The car did not want to turn and responded poorly. It still did a good bit better around the course, and was much more poised. You can also see in the pics that I needed to run a lot more tire pressure.
"Stock" vid HERE Show Less
OK, the heart of the beast. A 96 Explorer assembly line motor from Dahmer powertrain. Complete from oil pan to intake, with injectors and TB, coil packs, etc... Show more. One helluva deal. I took off the explorer specific stuff and swapped the stock panther (crown vic, grand marquis, country squire, colony park, towncar) accessories onto the motor. Tossed in a Comp Cams extreme energy XE264 cam. Other than that the motor is stock.
Got rid of the crappy stock exhaust manifolds and replaced them with BBK shorties for a mustang. Since the panthers intake inlet is reversed, I spun the upper 180 and acquired a 93-95 Ford F150 Lightning EGR spacer (to match the 65 mm TB) and modified the stock Explorer 65mm TB to accept the panther throttle cable. I have swapped the 19lb injectors to 24lbs currently and am using a mustang A9P ECM and Lincoln Mark VII 80mm MAF
There are a lot more modifications done, but everything is factory Ford. I really like the stock look
Had to upgrade the waterpump. I blew the gasket out of the stock one. The towing package and police cars use a cast iron pump with 2 extra bolts. The extra bolts are around the pump outlets and give extra sealing pressure. My old 87 Crown Victoria LX had the towing package and the cast iron pump. Neverhad any issues blowing the pump out. Just hoses and the heater core. I did a little cleanup on the pump on the inlet and outlets to smooth everything and help it flow a little bit more. Also finally found the upper control arm shaft size and ordered new locknuts. Stainless header bolts and washers are also on their way.
Ordered a base TwEECer so I can get it tuned. Hopefully I'll get it in before the weekend so I can play with it and do some tuning prior to the autocross sunday.
Tweecer has been in for awhile. I've done a fairly decent tune. Still running on 87 octane, has way more timing advance and no stalling/stumbling issues. Show Less