Front suspension: Heavy duty shocks, b-body spindles 11in rotors, modified stock upper control arms, late 70's station wagon springs (heated to desired r... Show moreide height), 34mm Iroc swaybar
Rear: 72 Olds 8.5, relocated mounting holes, spring perches, lower shock mounts and brake lines, boxed lower control arms, 68 442 swaybar, posi (found it rusting in someones garage I bead blasted it and threw it in), 3.42 gears out of an 87 chev pu, camaro rear shocks, aluminum drums
Tranny: 700r4, factory 2000 stall, high temp frics, billet servos, T&D adapter
Motor: 73 455. CR 9.5 to 1 N/A
Head gaskets: Cometics MLS 4.220 x .036
Pistons: .060 KB 132's .003 piston to wall clearance
Rods: stock resized, polished, Arp bolts
Rings: Hastings .022 to .023 top gap .020 to .021 secound gap
Crank: .030 under rods and mains, polished (not just the journals but the whole thing)
Bearings: ACL's main bearing oiling holes elongated to match the block feed holes
Oil pump: Melling HV, end gear clearance tightened thats it
Oil pan: Milodon 7qt with matching pickup
Cam: Lunati 214 224 .472 .496 112 lobe sep, 112 intake centerline Comp double roller timing set
Rockers: Comp 1442 rocker conversion kit, used supplied pushrods, modified Comp 1450(1.7) rockers on the intakes
Valve springs: Comp 982 beehive springs chev vortec spring retainers
Intake: Edelbrock Performer, 1in open spacer
Carb: Home rebuilt 750 q-jet
Fuel system: 1/2in line from tank to pump, Airtek 40736
Exhaust: X&Y manifolds, ported outlets, 2.5in full mandrel pipe, X pipe, dynomax hemi super turbos, outlets behind rear tires
New exhaust: Home built shorties, SS magnaflow straight through
Heads: "J heads"(Yes the crappy ones) home ported
28"H20 4.155 bore
Idles with close to 18in vacuum. Idles nice at 500rpm in gear.
My cutlass on the rollers a couple years ago. It now makes quite a bit more power than this with some small changes.
I did some engine bay detailing a while ago.
Before----------------------------------------------------------------------->After Show Less
A few things I have done to my car this year.
Lightweight aluminum rad.
Solid body to frame mounts. Car feels a whole lot firmer and the ride is still nice.... Show more
Rear disc brakes off 2wd 98 and newer S-10/Blazer. Discs on the back look way better through the wheel than drums! Just about a bolton deal. 1998 brakes to a 1972 rear axle. Go figure!!
Tall spindles with 12in rotors. 5 on 5 bolt pattern rotor modified for 5 on 4.75 bolt pattern. Fills in some space in my 17's.
I also added D153 truck pads.
My X-acto knife and I covered up the woodgrain dash inserts with brushed aluminum vinyl. Cost me about $12 for a yard from the local sign shop.
Edelbrock adjustable upper control arms and poly bushings in the upper axle perches and poly bushings in the lower control arms too.
LED 3rd brake light from 99 Yukon.
Ugraded my tranny to broken at the dragstrip (spring 06). I haven't really had any experiance with automatic trannys before this. My tranny guy didn't have time to repair my tranny so I got myself a ATSG book and decided to repair it myself. I already had spare hard parts and a buddy of mine had extra gaskets and bushings for free. I didn't have money to repair it anyway but I did have a gift card that I got for fathers day I so I used it to buy tranny fluid and filter. Really wasn't all that difficult to repair and I was really nervous on the first test drive. It worked great and even better than before. The B&M shift kit that was installed years ago is what destroyed these parts. Shifting was too hard resulting in the failure. I replaced the B&M 1-2 accumulator sleeves with a TransGo spring kit. I also swapped the billet 2nd gear servo for a corvette servo. Show Less