This is a perfect install, but it's been VERY efective in winning or placing in all the local sound competitions here in the Portland Oregon Area. With a... Show more (2) MTX 8000 Series 10's and 1500 watts, I have reached 147.2 db, not bad for just going to see what the new system was able to do. This is what I have:
1. CX4e - CX Coaxial 3" Round : Next to the rear seat stock location.
2. 746 - Plate System 4x6: In the stock location in the hatch area.
3. Boston Acoustics 4.5 Pro Series In the stock Front Door location.
4. (2) MTX 8000 series Subwoofers : These are in a sealed enclosure each woofer has it's own (air tight) compartment.
5. Alpine 4 channel MRV F-357 V-12 Amp: 250w to run all 6 of the top end speakers.
6. Alpine 1507 V-12 Amp: 750 watts per channel for each sub.
7. Sony MDX-C8500X Mobil ES - Mini Disc Player in the dash
8. Sony MDX-65 (6 Mini-Disc Changer)
Glove Box Mounted
9. Clifford Bullet IV Security System w/ Auto Starting.
Here me and my car, after the first win. It was the magnolia HiFi SPL db Drag Competition. I won first place with 140.1 db.
Here is a Picture of the whole setup just with the hatch open.
Here is what the back looks like with the cover off, notice the clips on the left and right... these are needed to hold in the Targa Top that comes off when it HOT!!
Here is a Shot of the wiring of the Amp and the Cap, these are fused for overload protection.
This is just a pic of the New Alpine 1507 Amp and cap, that Alpine 1507 Amp has given me 750w per Channel that's 200w more power over the Lanzar. This is the result of the Y2K season!!! And with the 2K1 Season rollong in, I am 9-2 headed to the finals with a Whoppin 146.1 with my (2) MTX 8000 series 10's Show Less