This entire page is going to document the process of repairing and repainting the entire car.
10/18/07 Today I taped off all of the moldings and trim pieces.... Show more I did this so I wouldn't catch them with the sandpaper when I sand it. The headlights and taillights will come out before I paint it. They are just in so I can drive back and forth to the paint booth.
I took off the rear antenna and the Chevy emblem also. I still have to get the 3M tape off the trunk along with the Cavalier emblem. I already have the passenger side of the car scuffed. I'll finished after I get home from work tomorrow.
10/19/07 Well today I tried to finish scuffing. I got almost all of it, but I still have to get under the front bumper, most of the rear, the roof and the trunk. I never realized how many stone chips were in the front bumper until I sanded them.
This is about the best side of the car. Just a couple of dents here and there, but nothing major. I'm going to throw the stock wheels on next week before I start to prime it, if its ready.
10/23/07 I just finished taking off the old hood. I think I'm going to use pieces of it to weld into my rocker panels on my Beretta, no more rust.
Here is the new hood after I scuffed it down. It makes one hell of a difference. The whole car looks better.
10/30/07 I decided it was time to put the stock wheels on the car, that way I didn't damage the 17's. A tire shop gave me new lugs, saved me a few bucks.
11/07/07 Its been a few days since I last posted. We have the car primed and sanded. She is pretty much ready to go to the spray booth. Just a few touch ups and thats it.
11/20/07 Well, we finally got it to the booth. I had just finished wiping it off with a cheesecloth. Its ready to go.
Half of the car is clear coated as you can see. I have to give a lot of praise to my friend Tony, he does great work.
I just backed it in when I took this picture. It almost looks black. In the sunlight though you can see the metallic green. I just have to wet-sand it now.
11/29/07 I have almost all of the car sanded. I just have to work a little on the passenger door and it will be done.
The car is done!!! It took me a while, but we did it. Here are a few comparison pictures.
The dash was cracked so I cut out the piece along the windshield. I then took the dash piece out of a Pontiac Sunfire and made it fit the best I could.
I thought the intake that was on the car looked really cheap so I found a stock intake and installed that.
Here is the car when I bought it and now after its fixed. I will be selling the wheels in the future if anyone is interested.
Here is the rear now. Thank god I got rid of the hideous clear tails. It looks a lot nicer now. Show Less